Sunday, March 12, 2017

Time to Brainstorm!

     Well, here goes nothing. For my movie opening, I want to be able to discuss topics that are near and dear to my heart. Things that I feel passionate about. I love music and, as cheesy as it sounds, I love love, so why not create a film about both? I want to translate the emotions I feel when I listen to love songs, and implement it into my film opening. R&B, my favorite genre of music, is known for its multitude of love songs, so I will dive deep into my music playlist and do a little research. 
   

                        Click here to listen to "Hold Up," a song that sparked a lot                          
                of ideas as to how I could open my movie!                                     

     Artists such as: Brandy, Kehlani, Ariana Grande, and Beyoncé come to mind and, instantly, I'm inspired. Beyoncé's film, Lemonade, is a perfect mixture of musical and visual genius. Kehlani's album Sweet Sexy Savage has a monologue-style introduction. What if the introduction of my movie scene was a voice-over of some sort? I could create my own music to go along with a voice-over and it could somehow elucidate the feelings of love that my main character will have! Maybe I could write a song?! 
   
                                                             Click here to listen to the introduction of Kehlani's
                                                             album.


     Ugh, these ideas seem so amazing in my head, but in order for these ideas to come to fruition, I need to come up with a plot for my movie. No one said this was ever going to be easy...
                                       


No comments:

Post a Comment