Sunday, March 19, 2017

Opening Scene Monologues

   I have not decided whether I want to start off my main character to be angry or in denial. However, I have written some material in which I could use for my opening. I have written them both in a way so that they both sound like dialogue. I don't want the words to sound rehearsed or well thought out. I want them to sound raw and powerful.
     
Here is what I would use if the main character first experienced denial:
What's the Worst that Could Happen?
     Are you afraid of what might happen if you give yourself to me? If I give myself to you? Don't hesitate to let go and give in to your feelings. Abandon the worries you once knew.
     A connection shall not restrain you nor weigh you down. It allows for emotions to roam. Free from worry or care. Far from love, yet attraction fills the air.
     The past is behind us, the present is here and now. Doubt's whisper echoes in the back of your mind, casting a cloudy haze. Trust desire to lead you on through the maze. Let it leave you in a lovely daze.
     When kisses exchange, do butterflies flutter? Is there a tingle of curiosity? Speak through the heart and silence the mind. And you just might discover what you've been missing this entire time.
     What's the worst that could happen? If you give yourself to me? If I give myself to you? The answer is not certain, but let the truth escape your lips. Don't think, just do.

Here is what I would use if the main character first experienced anger:

Repercussions
     How can it be that when I see you, I want to kiss you and punch you at the same time? I feel so much indignation toward you, yet there is still a part of me, deep down, that is saddened. Saddened that, for you, nothing between us was real. Not even for second. I hate that I hate you. I should resent you. I could resent you. I would resent you. But I can't resent you.
     Why am I the one who has to suffer this mental toil? Why am I the only one burdened by the weight of this heartache? I was just another number checked off of your list. I'd thought the butterflies that fluttered in my bosom signified my joy. But, in fact, they were trying to warn me. Warn me of the pain to come.
     This feeling is foreign to me. It is an ailment, to whose remedy I cannot begin to fathom. It has no name. I experience every emotion, but I'm left numb. And you inflicted this upon me. Have you no shame? No regret? No sympathy? You have nothing to give, and that's what hurts the most.

     I have yet find a beat that I will be able to use to read these. I also am not sure if I should sing (Yes, I can sing) or just read them. Hmm... 

No comments:

Post a Comment