Sunday, March 26, 2017

My Film's Setting

     I've decided that I want to have the entirety of my opening scene to be in a bedroom. The bedroom will serve as my character's safe haven to deal with his problems.  Though the setting seems to be boring, I think it will be perfect way to showcase my knowledge of film elements. With the use of shots, angles, movement, etc., making the scene interesting in one room will look very impressive! I also think that a bedroom is the one place where all kids go to let out their emotions. Whether they are angry and throwing a tantrum or sad and want to cry in their pillows, this is a private area where I feel my character would go.
     I also like the idea of a bedroom because of its small size. Being enclosed by four walls, I want the bedroom to be a symbol of my character's inability to escape his emotions. He has to confront them and face them head on, therefore, inciting the grief stages. I'm thinking of having a sequence of consecutive shots with my character in different positions around the room, trying to occupy his time and his thoughts with things around the room. I think this will further help to elucidate his inability to get around his feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment