Sunday, March 26, 2017

Film Music!

     I finally found music to pair with my video's dialogue! It took a while because I had to search for royalty free music instrumentals. I thought about trying to use copyrighted songs, but I didn't want to get attached to a song that I possibly couldn't have been able to use. Writing to record labels to get permission to use their songs was one thing I did not feel like dealing with. Even if I did get permission, who is to say that they would have allowed me to use two minutes? That was a cause of stress that I definitely wanted to avoid.
     Instead, I used a website called bensound.com. The website had a treasure trove of music that I could use. While searching, I came across two songs entitled Better Days and Love. Both instrumentals sparked different visions of the video in my head. But in the end, I felt that Love sounded a little bit happy, which is not what I wanted my video to be. I ended up choosing Better Days because, as the title expresses, it had a melancholic sound but it also sounds optimistic and hopeful. It matches the feelings that I want my character to have in the video, given that he is going through the grief stage of denial. Now that I have the music, I feel that the ball is finally starting to roll!

No comments:

Post a Comment