Sunday, March 19, 2017

Film Elements

     In order to create a tone in which the grief of the character is exemplified, I cannot only focus on sound. Yeah, the music is what I want to focus on but that isn't going to suffice on its own! Low key lighting, high angles, extreme close ups (used sparingly), and black and white filters are a few things I have thought about using.
     I also have to think about the location of where I want to shoot my opening scene. I want my scene location to assist in creating a sad mood. I know a bedroom is kind of a cliché place to open up a scene, but I feel that it would work for the character that I am trying to create. Also, if I use a variety of different shots, the bedroom location won't get boring and monotonous.
     In terms of mise en scène, so far I've thought about a phone as a prop. I picture the main character scrolling through pictures of the person they like. For the costume, I also want to use colors that represent sadness (if I end up not using the black and white filter) such as: blue, black, and gray.
     Basically, I want all of the elements of my film to pair with the music I will use. If I do that, I think I will be able to easil relay my message to the audience
     

No comments:

Post a Comment