Sunday, March 12, 2017

Putting my Ideas to Work

     Since I want to create a voiceover for my movie opening, I need a script to work with. Thankfully, I'm a lyrical genius and already have material to work with. Over the years, I've written poems about love and I still have them saved! These poems could give me ideas as to how I can create my movie's story line. Now that I look back at these poems, I'm realizing how overly dramatic I was. Yikes...

Click the link to read some of my writing! 



     Now that I think about it, I've always loved spoken word poetry. Its intensity and its passion. My goal in my movie opening is for the viewers to feel what I feel when I listen to music about love. Spoken word poetry paired with an intense beat could be the answer that I need get the response that I want from my audience. Lin Manuel Miranda's presentation at the White House's Poetry Jam in 2009 is a prime example of how a great beat and passionate performance could translate into something incredible. I think I'm coming on to something...
            




No comments:

Post a Comment