Sunday, April 2, 2017

Music Change

     Sooooooooooooooooo, I've decided to change my music. Yes, I know that I'm running out of time. No, I'm not crazy. I listened to both of the songs in my previous blog post once again, but this time I made sure I listened to them entirely!. Before I had just listened to the first two minutes of each song, since that is how my film must be. However, I re-listened to "Love" and heard its ending for the first time. It is PERFECT! It has just the right amount of that sad sound that I was looking for! 
     Now that I listen back to "Better Days," my original song, it sounds too depressing. Also, "Better Days" had no levels. The song grew to be very monotonous and boring after a while. The music is the most important component of the film, and I can't have it bore the viewers!
     When listening to "Love," once it hit the 3:25 mark, the original cheery sound that I had heard before changed. The sound became more somber and I suddenly envisioned an entire story in my head. The other song DID NOT make me feel something the way that this song did. It was incredible actually. I love songs that genuinely make me feel something. This song did that, therefore, I had to change my song to this. It was calling to me saying "Gabe... Choose me..." So that's what I did. I have no regrets and I know that this change will make my film 100% better. 
     I love the creative process of making this film. Everyday, my idea gradually gets better and better. and I love watching it evolve!

No comments:

Post a Comment