Sunday, April 2, 2017

Opening Credits

     The coolest idea came to me. I wanted to think of a way to introduce the conflict of the film, the main character getting over his dead lover. So I figured, why not use a picture to show them together and establish his problem in the beginning. Then I thought to myself, "Wait, how will he stumble upon the picture?" Then I thought, "Of course, he will have a journal and come across the picture on one of its pages!" A journal is perfect because that is where he can write the poems that the voice-over reads in the film. Ok, here is where the cool idea comes in (Bare with me. My thought processing is very confusing). I envisioned my character flipping through the pages of his journal and then IT CAME TO ME! Why not have the opening credit information in the pages of the journal?!
     Oh, you thought it was over? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no,no. It gets better. The title of my film would be on the cover of the journal that he flips through. HOW AMAZING IS THAT. These are just the type of ideas that I was looking for. I never want there to be a dull moment in my film. Though the topic is very depressing, it doesn't mean that it has to be boring!
     I got the idea from the opening credits of Napoleon Dynamite. Opening credits are usually so dull, but this one, in particular, is very interesting. From the beginning, it makes the viewers curious as to what the movie's plot entails. It keeps them wanting to see more. I think its a great way of starting off my movie opening. I am beyond excited!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment